My clients already have the peace-of-mind that they were able to claim every possible deduction legally allowed in the tax code. We put each return through an extensive review process to ensure that you’re keeping all the income you deserve to keep.
Did you know that according to a report issued by the General Accounting Office, taxpayers overpay the IRS almost $950 million every year, which equates to an average overpayment of $400 per taxpayer.
(The most recent reported amount of overpayment was about $918 million)
What’s worse, is that folks who prepared their own taxes (with a software, or on their own) are the most vulnerable. But did you also know that taxpayers who used one of the “big chain’ preparers are almost as bad off?
Another report from the GAO: In a Limited Study, Chain Preparers Made Serious Errors
In GAO (United States Government Accountability Office) visits to chain preparers, paid preparers often prepared returns that were incorrect, with tax consequences that were sometimes significant. Some of the most serious problems involved these preparers…
1. Not reporting business income in 10 of 19 cases;
2. Failing to take the most advantageous postsecondary education tax benefit in 3 out of the 9 applicable cases; and
3. Failing to itemize deductions at all or failing to claim all available deductions in 7 out of the 9 applicable cases.
More clippings from the report:
* The 19 paid preparers we visited arrived at the correct refund amount only twice. On 5 returns, all for the plumber, they understated our refund amount by a total of $3,465.
* All 19 of our visits to tax return preparers affiliated with chains showed problems. Nearly all of the returns prepared for us were incorrect to some degree, and several of the preparers gave us very bad tax advice, particularly when it came to reporting non-W-2 business income. Only 2 of 19 tax returns showed the correct refund amount, and in both of those visits the paid preparer made mistakes that did not affect the final refund amount.
So what can you or your friends do about this?Simple: file an “Amended” Return. Many tax businesses don’t provide this service, but even though we’ve completed our clients’ returns, we WILL review any of your friends’ returns–at no charge. See the below special message, for more details…
To more of your money in your wallet — and that of your friends!
Glastonbury Tax Professionals
“No Charge” Return Review
Special Gift Certificate
As a complimentary service this year, we will provide a Return Review To Any Non-Client. No charge will be made.
[Industry statistics indicate that amended return refunds average about $1500]
Email our office firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-657-3236 vto set up this complimentary service!